Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Salt; Heavenly Demon

Well good evening. Interesting day I had. Had my weight watchers weigh in and meeting today. Lost 0.6 lbs in the last week. Now how can that be I asked myself, I tracked everything I ate, I watched everything so closely and exercise, holy cow, walks at coffee, 2 aquasize sessions and 3 hikes last week. I even passed on the birthday cake and ice cream. Something is not definately notright here.

So for a moment or two I felt sorry for myself pondering this dilemma and boom, it hit me. Water retention. My feet and legs are so swollen I can barely get into my shoes. I think back and what have I found this last week to snack on, 3 point bags of baked potato chips. Crackers, 14 for 4 points oh yeah, crunchy, salty heaven. Or so it appeared. Well now I see where that is going too.

So this may look on the outside as one woman's diet quest, but the reality is that I am learning so much about myself and what I need to do. I cannot help myself by going on the same track I need to make changes and take a good hard look at myself. All of these things are just indicators of where I need to go. I have decided to read the signs and follow the instructions rather than throwing them and out and trying to find my way.

Fat is no longer an option! I will keep moving and fighting until I get it right, and I guarantee, I will get it right this time. No more denial, No more games with myself. Time to get honest and do do do!!!!!!!!!

Ghandi taught passive resistance, well not me honey, this is all about active participation. I will actively participate in my life every moment of every day and make those changes necessary for me and my family.

0 comments: